Chapter 9 – Satanic Symbols and Rituals. This chapter mainly consists of “symbols of darkness,” by which he means the Satanic lingo. Yes, words such as “circle” and “charm” apparently do not have mundane or secular definitions anymore. He then copies some rituals from The Satanic Rituals, and what does it all really mean? I cannot find the definitions for such items as “Ty tchortu ogonyok!” so how do you know that it’s really bad?
So that the witches are not left out, he gives some examples from a Book of Shadows, even though “The Book of Shadows is kept a secret.” So, how did you get this? The Great Rite means “making ritual love,” in case you wanted to know.
Finally, some “warning signs.” Of what? That your child or loved one is taking the path to Satan? I assume that is what he means, although it’s written directly after a ritual for consecrating an athame. There are six in total:
1. Presence of books on the occult, witchcraft, or Satanism, particularly The Satanic Bible and/or Satanic Rituals.
Right, because you obviously can’t just be interested for the sake of interest, right? What about you, Philly? You obviously “read” a lot on the subject; what does that mean for you?
2. Presence of heavy metal albums by groups who promote Satanism or the occult, such as Motely Crue or Ozzie Osborne.
I just laugh at this one. Ozzie is a kook, and maybe he bit the head of a bat, but you’re putting Motley Crue in the same league. Hell naw.
3. Occult or Satanic symbols appearing on clothing, or books, or in drawings; sometimes a teenager will even draw pictures of rituals.
So, don’t worry if your five-year-old starts chanting the Lord’s Prayer backwards and draws pentagrams on your walls . . . he’ll grow out of it.
4. A seeming fascination with murder, suicide, or death in general.
Don’t try suicide; nobody cares. Also, lots of teenagers become fascinated by death. It’s a rite of passage! Doesn’t mean that they’re blowing Satan.
5. Secretiveness, particularly on a consistent basic.
More likely, masturbation is the cause!
6. An arrogant attitude combined with hostility when referring to Christianity, the Bible, church, etc.
Could just be someone who is exasperated with your holier-than-thou attitude. Like me!!